Sunday, April 01, 2007

Things change when you least think about it

Dear friends,

It's with great sadness and at the same time great joy that I share this with you. After 6 years and 2 months in the US, I decided to quit my job and change careers. I'm leaving the US and I am running for a State office position in Brazil.

I am greatful for having had a chance to live in the US, where I made great friends; matured as a person and learned so much about (office) politics that I now think I am ready to do something that might change the world positively.

This decision was made after I got home from dinner and one single Vodka drink at a random bar in the Marina, but I think it's the right thing to do, given the fact that life here in the US has given me pretty much everything it could so far, and there's nothing I haven't done in this city yet (except for visiting Alcatraz).

In any case, I appreciate the support of all my friends, family and colleagues who will be helping me in the next few steps in my life.

Some of you maybe surprised at this decision, but some will remember one of my great friend's dream of becoming a dictator of his own island - Florianopolis is an Island, running for State office is just one step towards the dictatorial takeover which will come a couple years after.

If you'd like to support my running for office, log onto my website: http://www.origamy.com.br/alexforstate.htm

God bless us all,

-Alex

1 Comments:

Blogger DH said...

I was so just about to run out and buy up some speculative real estate in Florianopolis based on this post...

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home